Tuesday 5 January 2016

Book Review | Annette Marie Spiezio | Higher Places: The Spirituality Found Through Our Dogs

Higher Places: The Spirituality found through our dogs

NOTE: THIS BOOK WAS SENT TO ME FREE FOR REVIEW. I AM NOT BEING PAID TO RIGHT THIS REVIEW OR TO MAKE THE REVIEW A POSITIVE ONE. THE AUTHOR ASKED FOR A HONEST REVIEW AND THAT IS WHAT I AM PROVIDING. 
NOTE: AS I WRITE THIS REVIEW KNOW THAT MY DOG IS NAPPING PEACEFULLY NEXT TO ME AND I FEEL ALL THE LOVE IN THE WORLD EMANATING FROM HIM. I AM TRULY BLESSED TO SHARE THESE SIMPLE MOMENTS WITH HIM.  



(Above is a picture of my dog and my best friend. I could not imagine my life without him. This book has renewed that friendship and bond to a whole new level of love.)

Author: Annette Marie Spiezio
Title: Higher Places: The Spirituality Found Through Our Dogs
Genre: Pets, Dogs, General

Synopsis: Higher Places is an inspirational account of how the dogs in our lives move us to be better beings - how our lives are elevated by the honor of loving a dog. This book is also an account of how God's grace resides within everything in life as he teaches us all sorts of wonderful life lessons through our canine friends. There is an intentional purpose in our dogs lives beyond the simple joys we experience by spending time with them. If we are open to receiving God's grace, we can feel closer to God in the presence of these furry companions. 
You don't have to to be a "dog person" to be delighted by this loving, humorous tribute to God's creations, but those who are blessed by the love of a good dog will be especially moved to smile, shed a tear, and feel their heart ascend to higher places.  

Review: This is an excellent book that gives me an amazing insight about dogs. This book teaches about the love that dogs have towards their owners and how they can help their owners through many situations in life, be that a good or bad situation. Through reading this book I have learnt a lot about my relationship with my dog and it makes me realize all the times that my dog has helped me throughout my life and how important my dog (and my cat) is to me. When my dog moves on to the other side I will have a huge hole in my heart and I will be at a great loss in life without my one true friend by my side. My appreciation for my dog has been fully renewed by reading this book; I am so glad that I took the time to read this book as I believe it has brought me even closer to my dog than I already was. I am going to take more time out of my day to show my dog how much I truly love him and how he is a huge part of my life. To anyone who has a dog I would definitely recommend reading this book as it will make you have a better understanding of a dogs love for their owner and will renew your appreciation for your dog and make you show your dog how much they truly mean to you. 

Rating: 5 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment