Friday 11 March 2016

Book Bear | John Czarnota | Author Q&A



1. Have you ever hated something you wrote?

Not hate. At the time I write something, I believe it's the best I can do, so you just have to move on. 

2. What is your favourite theme/genre to write about?

I haven't done enough to pick one yet.

3. Where did your love of writing come from?

I've always been a dreamer. I'll never forget my 4th grade teacher Mrs. Lusko, telling me I had a vivid imagination. 

4. What was the hardest part of writing this book?

The middle. Filling it in. 

5. What did you enjoy most about writing this book? 

The dialogue. For me, it's the biggest challenge. Also the most enjoyable. 

6. Do you write every single day? 

No. But I think about what I'm going to write every day. I'm always blocking scenes in, like a screenplay.


7. What inspired you to write your book?

At first this was going to be a screen play. I've written 2 in the past. But the bad taste of dealing with L.A. agents and the like came right back. So the thought of writing a book that I could have total control over if I so chose to was a no-brainer. On the business side, millions watch the Antiques Roadshow here, in Europe, and Australia. So there was a strong probability of a built in audience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment