Thursday 26 May 2016

Book Review | Darren Shan | Cirque Du Freak

Cirque Du Freak (The Saga of Darren Shan Book 1)


Author: Darren Shan
Title: Cirque Du Freak
Genre: Young Adult, Paranormal, Vampires, Horror, Fantasy, Fiction, Supernatural, Urban Fantasy, Teen, Children
Series: The Saga Of Darren Shan
Pages: 192
Price: £6.16

Started: 15th May 2016
Finished: 26th May 2016

Synopsis: In the tradition of Stephen King's "Salem's Lot", Cirque Du Freak is the frightening saga of a young boy whose visit to a mysterious freak show leads him on a journey into a dark world of vampires. Filled with grotesque creatures, murderous vampires, and a petrifying ending, Cirque Du Freak will chill, thrill and leave readers begging for more.

Review: This is the first book in the Cirque Du Freak series or the Darren Shan Saga. I bought all twelve of these books at a local charity shop. These books are sold for 99p and are on offer as buy one get one free which is an amazing deal even for pre-loved books. At some point in the near future I will be buying the boxset brand new and then I can donate all the pre-loved set back to the shop where I bought them. After picking up this book and starting to read it I found that, after a few pages, I was hooked on this book and just could not put it down. This was an amazing read and I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys young adult and paranormal books. I am a massive fan of Darren Shan and I plan to own all books by him. 

Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment